It feels like its been far too long since I’ve blogged skincare! Today I’m back I have a little gem and its from Galway/Clare!! I’ve been trying out some of the range and I’m totally sold! I have the orange Lip balm the peppermint foot cream and the orange and peppermint hand cream. I really do get a fuzzy happy feeling when I read ingredients and I know all of them. These products especially with these products there are all made using ingredients we all know and love amaze!!
The peppermint foot cream has, Shea Butter, coconut oil, bees wax calendula oil, peppermint essential oil, orange essential oil,almond oil and vitamin E oil.
The Orange and peppermint hand cream has, beeswax, sweet almond Oil, calendula oil, vitamin E oil, orange and peppermint essential oils
The Orange lip balm has, beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and Orange essential oil.
I’m totally inspired by this family owned brand and I’m ashamed to admit I didn’t even realise we have such a fabulous product here in Galway, and a fully functioning bee keeping business no less!! I love the simplicity of the brand and literally the products only contain the essential ingredients!
Sliabh Aughty honey is owned by the Leahy Family. We are Beekeepers on the Sliabh Aughty Mountains. Four generations producing 100% raw Irish honey and Natural beeswax products, all made from our own beeswax. Our mission is to produce 100% raw honey products of the highest quality.We are registered with the Federation of Irish beekeepers and with Irish black bee producers. 3 years ago we decided to increase our hive numbers to allow us sell our honey products and share our quality product with others.
- The difference between raw honey and honey that raw honey is not pasteurized, heated or processed (and is usually not filtered).
- When bees make honey, it comes with a lot of great vitamins (mostly B and C), lots of anti-oxidants, a few minerals, pollen, and a bunch of other things, including bacteria that likely help us digest the honey.
- However, most of the honey you buy in a store is highly processed, beginning by heating the honey to a very high temperature, filtering out many of the healthiest parts of honey, and often adding fillers and even antibiotics.
- In fact, one study found that the great majority of honey sold in stores actually contained pretty much no pollen at all, which makes it impossible to determine if it came from a safe or natural source. In the end, processed honey is nothing more than sugar (and high-fructose sugar at that).
- Raw honey, on the other hand, has been shown to cause less blood-sugar spikes, less inflammation, and less body fat.
- If you’re going to eat honey, make sure it’s RAW. Processed honey is no different than table sugar, and perhaps worse.
My favorite is for sure the hand cream which in my opinion is more of a hand balm. I have been known to pop some of this on dry skin patches and I’ve popped it on to my poor over sneezing nose to soothe some dry patches and it’s super soothing, no-sting or tingle as a lot of products will on an over sneezed nose!! 😉
I’ve brought this hand cream/balm on a couple of trips away it’s great for travel as its in a tin so it can take the traveling! I also keep it in my bag for day to day use I’m certainly making it stretch! I’m finding with all of the products in getting the pleasure to try out recently I am discovering some that will be my personal essentials. This range and in particular the hand cream makes it into my personal essentials kit!! woohoo!!!
The Sliabh Aughty range is available all around Galway stockists listed below and on their website!Here is the link to all of the stockists do let me know if any of you try out the brand id love to hear!!
The Beauty Kemple